Explore the history of Victorian kitchens, built-ins, and historic countertops in this episode of The Vernacular Life Podcast!
About the Episode:
Are you renovating a historic kitchen? Whether you’re restoring a space to its original state, updating an existing kitchen, or tearing it down to the studs and starting from scratch, keeping that historic feel can be tricky! One area that we found makes a huge difference in maintaining the spirit of an old kitchen is the countertops.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why historic kitchens have a lot less counter space than a modern kitchen
- How the thickness and material of your countertop can make or break the vibe of your kitchen
- What we did for our kitchen and pantry countertops (and why they feel so much more authentic than the mudroom!)
And so much more!
And the glorious chicken addition to my wall of fancy.
- Follow @RowanandAshGiftShop on Instagram!
- Check out Rowan and Ash Gift Shop on Etsy!
- Learn more about how we built our countertops.
- Follow me on Instagram @FarmhouseVernacular!
- Click here to read the episode transcript!
Talk to you soon!